11.17.2006

Report from the trenches

I'm on day 3 of being sick, and I have to say that the novelty is definately wearing off, particularly as it's become apparent over the last day or so that, on top of the head and chest cold, I also have the flu.

Yuck.

Yesterday I braved the outside world on a quest for cough syrup, and by the time I made it back to my warm little apartment I was exhausted. The cough syrup did not help with this: after taking one dose I was down for the count and slept for the better part of the rest of the day. When I was awake I was groggy and disoriented and hungry. Not fun.

Things are looking up today, however. My mom just stopped by, braving my bad flu germs, to bring ginger ale, Progresso chicken noodle soup (a step up from Campbell's indeed), peppermint tea and some non-drowsy medicine, which I promptly took and (so far) have managed to keep down.

In the meantime, I'm off to watch The Princess Bride, in an effort to keep myself awake.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

wow...I'm so sorry. I think you are faking it to get out of the food test. :)
can I get you anything?

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Thea.. so sorry to hear you're sick. Sounds like your Mom brought you everything you needed to brighten up your spirts and hopefully chase those bugs away. AZMom

Thea said...

Between Mitch and my mom, I'm well taken care of :)