10.12.2005

"Is you is, or is you ain't my baby"

Must really be fall now. I hear rain hitting my windows at full speed; the kitchen smells like licorice tea, the living room smells of candles. I spent the evening curled up on the futon with a book, while Mitch scribbled and scratched out and pondered aloud his homework.

I miss our woodstove, but a fleecy bathrobe will do.

We listened to old, crackly jazz recordings courtesy of the Radio Museum's broadcast station, but we kept the volume low enough that we could still hear the rain outside, the slap of wet leaves against wet glass.

Like a cat curled in front of a fire, I am content.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet.

Anonymous said...

p.s. the radio museum has a broadcast station? do tell ...

Anonymous said...

*grumble* I hate living in the desert. It's 75 degrees and sunny. *stomps off*

Thea said...

Bug: yes! And it's marvellous--102.3 FM. They play '30s + '40s jazz, plus some old school commercials, and other than that, there's NO TALKING. On the 29th, I hear they're airing a live performance of "War of the Worlds"--starts at 8pm, if you're interested.

Rogue: I am so, so sorry. I don't know what I'd do without the rain, even if I start to feel like my skin is shrivelling up from too much moisture...

starbender said...

Sounds like the perfect night! :)

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh -- i am so excited about this station. i hope that we can get it too (although we're almost as close to the museum as you are, so why not?)

Thea said...

We get the station all the way up at my work, so I'm sure you guys can get it...We've been listening to it at the office and it's the best--jazz makes me so happy, and so mellow and cozy, all at the same time.